I’m Incredibly Proud

The AP Stats students have been working so hard on this project and this week they were able to share all they have learned. Please browse the site and check out some of their powerpoints or see some videos below.

Advertisements

Bivariate Data

We found that in system 3, the amount of Ammonia in the water directly affects the level of nitrates. They have a positive correlation. They have a somewhat strong relationship with r equaling 0.5374. There are no outliers in the data. A model can be used to make predictions with the equation: y = 27.547x + 2.0142. However, it would not be very accurate in that this equation only accounts for 28.87% of the variability in the Nitrate levels.

bivarchart

Univariate Data

We found that the minimum pH value on system 3 is 7.2 and the maximum is 7.6. This makes the median pH level over the 10 days is 7.4. 25% of the pH values were beneath 7.2 and the remaining 75% were beneath 7.6. The data values fluctuated from day to day with the biggest change per day being 0.4. This means that the pH level jumps around quite a bit, but the fluctuations were quite small.

unichart

Bivariate Analysis

Snip20141216_3

Despite that we expected the data of feed ratio to gradually increase as the temperature in degrees Celsius, which it does, but not at the quick rate we expected. Most of the data follows relatively the same pattern as the temperature increases and food ratio increases slowly. However, there are two pieces of data that are very obviously not following the general pattern and require a much higher feed ratio at a relatively average temperature in the range of our temperatures. Our data is taken from a very restricted range of temperature, however, and cannot be considered to be an accurate representation of other environments. Therefore, it is not likely that any data taken from outside our given range would follow this pattern.